these type of phones are still considered as worth buying cell phones. And the one called Sony Ericsson J105i is no exception.
Sony Ericsson J105i is another slim cell phone that still bases its whole operation using a java platform. Just because java platform in mobile phones is considered outdated compared to the Android OS or iOS, this platform is still powerful in handling many high quality features and applications, of course across the java platform.
- Type: Sony Ericsson J105i
- Release Date: October 2009
- Price Purchased: Not Available
- Manufacturer: Sony Ericsson
Phone Specs: TFT 256K colors, 2.2 inches, 240 x 320 pixels, 2 MP Camera, MIDP 2.0, 100MB internal + 2GB included microSD memory, See Full specs.
- Good sound quality as usual | Good and reliable battery life, long hours of usage | Included 2GB external memory + 100MB internal | Easy to press numeric keypad |
- Mediocre quality camera | It's difficult to connect the data cable to USB port if it's dirty | Design is too simple | Sometimes, SIM port cannot read our SIM card | It's hard to find this phone in the market these days
- Bottom line, Sony Ericsson J105i looks really simple and outside, I might even say that this phone doesn't look special to me. However, the specs and features that come with it are just great. The best thing is you get an extra 2GB external memory in the first purchase. So, very good deal for customer.
|Sony Ericsson J105i|
Also known as Sony Ericsson Naite Green Heart, this phone looks and feels really slim. However, since this phone is not produced by this manufacturer as a sliding cell phone, then overall design of this phone is pretty wide and the whole body of this device looks little bit lengthy in our grasp.
The highlight on the front side of this phone is the front face camera, while on the back definitely is the 2MP standard camera. The back cover of this phone is designed with well-formed lines pattern that makes the whole design of this phone fell convenient in our hands.
Interface and Functionality
Just like the other java based cell phones from Sony Ericsson, the screen interface of this phone looks pretty standard, but it’s still attractive and gorgeous, especially when an animated theme is activated. With the support of TFT, 256K color screen, everything that being presented on the 2.2 inches looks really colorful and clean, especially the accuracy of the interface looks really sharp with the help from 240 x 320 pixels screen resolution.
Sony Ericsson J105i features some standard elements of standard cell phone, such as: Bluetooth, USB, 2 MP and Stereo FM radio. It’s quite unique and interesting that this phone has also been injected with 3 new stuff that are rare on any other Sony Ericsson’s creation around the market, and they are: E-manual, Eco friendly materials, Ecomate and CO2 Calculator, which I believe have something to do with nature or environment.
Multimedia and Entertainment
Although this phone was not produced under the Walkman series, listening music with this phone still proved to be a great experience to the users, especially with the support to play media files across the MP3/eAAC+/WMA and MP4/WMV/H.263 player formats. The feature called TrackID music recognition can also be handy as the song recognition function from Sony Ericsson.
Running all the applications or games with this phone is really pleasing, since we all know that every Sony Ericsson java-based phone with the screen resolution of 240x320 pixels and that was released around 2008 or above can play all high quality java applications perfectly.
So practically, with the support of MIDP 2.0, this phone can handle your favorite games or applications across java platform.This including: Need for Speed: SHIFT 3D, Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit 3D, Blades and Magic, Gangstar: Miami Vindication (1MB version), and all heavy games and applications.
Sony Ericsson J105i comes with the internal memory of 100MB and 2GB included microSD memory, while the upgrade up to 8GB is available around the market. So this manufacturer knows exactly what users really want for a great cell phone, a really huge data storage.
Sony Ericsson has been well known as for its great quality battery for many of its Java-based cell phones. And apparently, Sony Ericsson J105i is no exception. Using this phone to listen to your music collection, you can have a long journey experience because even if you use this phone in heavy usage, it could last around 6-8 hours. It goes the same for playing games, browsing internet, or anything, the battery life of this phone is considered good.
Users have some different opinions regarding this phone in the real implementation. Some of them said:
- Sony Ericsson J105i is value for your money. But after 1 year of usage, it has come with a problem. The phone gets off when it’s shake or sometimes even before a shake.
- No one can beat Sony Ericsson in term of performance and reliability. I have been using this phone since last year. It’s been working awesomely, it’s been a wonderful experience, best piece in java-based cell phones, super hardware and built-in software,
- Nice and simple
- My cell phone is getting inactive SIM and hanging with white display
Bottom line, this phone proved to be a really good looking slim cell phone. Offering many great features and good music capability in a really simple design, Sony Ericsson J105i definitely is a worth buying cell phone. Finally, the score "3" is given to this phone, but I add another extra "0.5" so it makes it "3.5".
The reason is, besides good sound quality, awesome battery life and great capability of handling Java-based applications, this phone is sold with an extra 2GB external memory. So, it's a good deal for customers.