Motorola Defy Plus, this US-based cell phone company hopes that this phone can still grasp some market share around this fierce competitive industry.
It's pretty obvious that the cell phones from Motorola are not really booming around the mobile industry these days. However, it doesn’t mean that it can kill the creativity from this manufacturer to produce more awesome phones to users, especially to its loyal fans. It's proven by the release of Motorola Defy Plus to the market. Motorola Defy Plus looks really promising.
- Type: Motorola Defy Plus
- Release Date: Sep 30, 2011
- Price Purchased: Check Price
- Manufacturer: Motorola
Phone Specs: TFT capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors, 480x854 pixels, 3.7 inches, 5 MP camera, Android Gingerbread, 2GB internal + 2GB external memory, See Full specs.
- You can use this phone under the water | 5MP with LED Flash | It uses Android Gingerbread | Included 2GB external memory | It's faster than predecessor
- Battery life is not really good, although it's still better than predecessor | Design could be better
- Bottom line, it's no doubt that as a modern touch screen smart phone, this phone has all the elements for that. It is much faster, much better, and much improved than the predecessor. The great things are Android Gingerbread, 5MP camera, WiFi and included 2GB external memory. Very worth buying smart phone.
|Motorola Defy Plus|
Dust and Water Resistances
Seeing the name of this phone, it’s inevitable that this phone is the next generation of its oldie brother, Motorola Defy that has recently landed to many gadget lovers out there. Just like the predecessor, Motorola Defy Plus is equipped with the tough capability in outdoor area. This Android handset is embedded with the certificate of IP 67 which is claimed to have dust and water resistances in the depth of 1 meter.
The cool thing about this feature is the addition of the symbol “+” or "Plus", along with its competency that being brought with it. If the old version of Motorola Defy is injected with Android v2.1 (Éclair), then this this phone is no doubt better than predecessor, which adopts Android v2.3 (Gingerbread).
The other aspect also becomes the center of attention from this phone. The Gorilla Glass technology will empower the endurance of this phone from the screen aspect with the size of 3.7 inches and 16M color display. However, pointing our attention to the processor aspect, this phone is still better with the help of 1GHz brain processor, so it brings 25 % much faster performance than the predecessor.
Interface and Functionality
With Motorola-owned user interface called MOTOBLUR UI that gives easiness on social media access and real-time live widget directly on the main screen, which is integrated with work colleagues, friends or even family.
Empowering the multimedia aspect, there is a 5 MP camera with more awesome features that being brought with it, such as: Autofocus, LED flash and Digital Zoom.
Battery life still becomes the major problem for most of touch screen phones around the market (except iPhone 4). Motorola Defy Plus is no exception. Just like the other touch screen smart phones out there, this phone still has the same problem with the battery life. Although it's still better than predecessor.
Using this phone in the long run, say, for gaming or surfing internet in heavy usage, it drains the battery quite a lot for around 4-5 hours. And if you use this phone to listen to music in heavy usage, it would last around 7-9 hours. While in stand-by mode it could last for 2 days before it needs to be re-charged again.
There are many source around the internet that will help you to increase the battery life of this phone. Besides, mostly, touch screen smart phones have poor battery life in general. So it's pretty normal.
However, if you want a touch screen phone with strong and tough battery life, then get an iPhone 4 or iPhone 4S. Guaranteed 8-9 hours for gaming, internet browsing, listening music and many other things.
- TFT capacitive touchscreen
- 16M colors display
- 480x854 pixels
- 3.7 inches screen
- 5 MP camera with LED flash
- Image Stabilization and Autofocus supports
- 2GB internal memory 512 MB RAM
- 1 GB ROM, microSD up to 32 GB
- 2GB external memory is included
- Android OS v2.3 (Gingerbread)
- 1 GHz TI OMAP 3620 processor
- micro USB v2.0
- Gorilla Glass display
- Touch sensitive controls
- MOTOBLUR UI with Live Widgets
- Multi-touch input method
- Accelerometer sensor for auto-rotate
- Proximity sensor for auto turn off
- A-GPS support
- Stereo FM Radio
- IP67 certified – dust and water proof (up to 1m for 30 minustes)
- Digital Compas
- Music/Video Player
- Active noise cancellation with dedicated mike See full specs
It's no argue anymore that this phone has all the aspects to becoming a great touch screen phone. It has the standard screen size, it has much faster hardware, it has Android OS Gingerbread, 5 MP camera with LED flash, WiFi, GPS and the most importantly, you got an extra 2GB external memory in the first purchase. Definitely, it's a good deal for customers.
Eventually, I'm sure to give Motorola Defy Plus the score "3.5" for all of that aspect i mentioned above. I believe the latest Android version "Gingerbread" is the one that lifts up the whole aspect of this phone to the next level. Which enables you to get a wide range of games and applications in the Android market. Definitely a worth buying phone.